So this is my blog....

feel free to hang around, get a mug of tea (two sugars please, lots of milk) and enjoy as i let my mind wander on all things life, God, Gurl and generally Beth....

-x-

Wednesday 8 August 2007

We are Dreamgirls.... or make that DreamGurls...

Sometimes, God just blows me off my feet.

(although he hasn't literally, yet.)

The last month or so has been rather confusing, not really knowing if i'm coming or going with my life. I've been coming to the end of what i'd agreed to do for the people i work for in manchester and i was at that, ok what next??! stage. Staying doing what i was doing was not what i wanted to do, even if thats what work wanted, but there were a few interesting options flying about. The best was abit of a surprise to me, something that i barely enquired about and suddenly it seemed to all be abit serious. But on paper, it was what i'd been wanting to do for a while, what i trained to do- sing, dance and tell young people about jesus. There was just two problems.

a) Something just didn't feel totally right.

b) it was on the other side of the country. as in properly on the other side (at least i wouldn't miss the sea!)

As much as a prayed and read and chatted to people, things still seemed abit cloudy, which is great for apple juice, bad for my mind. But the vision i'd had almost a year back with my gorgeous mate, Harriet, kept popping back into my mind. All the time, things kept pointing back to Girls, and the vision we'd had for GURL (thats another post sometime!)
I realised the one thing that really got me het up was girls being told they should be this or that, girls having no self esteem, girls not realising their true worth and beauty.
The vision for gurl was something we both really felt God laid on our hearts, and my amazing, challenging boyfriend, gave me a kick without realising it and told me to get on with it then!! SO i'm flipping scared, coz this thing doesn't exist, which means i don't know where i'll live, how i'll live and whats going on, but i'm pretty sure this is what God wants me to do. And that means turning this other stuff down but hey- God's plans are definately the best!!!

So here's to gurl- God, it's all yours......


B xx

1 comment:

MDubya said...

Well there ya go. I've been wondering what's been happening with this...'bout time y'all got on with it!

Best of wishes, I'll be praying for certain.