So this is my blog....

feel free to hang around, get a mug of tea (two sugars please, lots of milk) and enjoy as i let my mind wander on all things life, God, Gurl and generally Beth....

-x-

Wednesday 1 August 2007

Take Take Take it all...

So, today i decided to write a blog.

Not sure if i'll tell anyone about this just yet, there's something quite intrieguing about talking into space, with the possibility that everyone or no-one could ever read it. Potentially, you, as the person reading this, could be my boss, my best friend, my worst enemy or a person i'll never ever meet. I just don't know.

I like that.

So right now, i'm sat alone on a white sofa, with a white mac (thinking i should have worn a white top to finish the look) typing into space, enjoying the fact that all i have to think about for the next few minutes is if i should have thought of a better blog title. The best i ever heard was stolen long ago by an old friend (&othershortstories, if details like that interest you, like they do me) but that made me think, and so i hit upon "the many adventures of". I still have a love for Nancy Drew, (i may have to find my old books tomorrow), and i always wanted to be her, so this is possibly the closest i'll get right now to that whole adventurous lifestyle.
Being honest though, i think i have a fairly exciting life. I live by faith, being that i don't have a job, i just work for random charities and trust that God will provide (which he does!) I live between two cities and i'm considering adding a third next month, which is an interesting prospect seeing as i don't pay anyone rent. And as much as sometimes, i'd love the normal life someday, with a mortgage and 2.4 children, with a good career, the degree from a top uni that everyone wanted me to get, and all that shabang- I LOVE living the jesus life. It's not comfortable, but its exciting (I must remind myself that when i'm sat in an office getting annoyed at administration!!!!!)


My hopes for this blog though, i guess everything needs a purpose. Well it means i can chat out what i'm thinking, and i can explore what God's saying to me, i'm a talk it out person, even when its in my head- i guess thats not a bad thing.
Last year when i was doing my evangelism training thing, a very wise woman with very red hair talked about how God made you the way you are and so it's ok to be you. I'm gonna try that out here, stop worrying about what others think and just see what happens.

So here's to us......


B x

1 comment:

little said...

Well, in all your posts I get the hunch it's the real you speaking, so I encourage you to keep it up (that is, blogging AND being the real you)

Go Beth!

mx