So this is my blog....

feel free to hang around, get a mug of tea (two sugars please, lots of milk) and enjoy as i let my mind wander on all things life, God, Gurl and generally Beth....

-x-

Monday 10 September 2007

I'm pretty fit for 60 and a diet of rhubarb...



Today we turned 60. My church for the last 19 years of my life had a major shindig over the weekend too celebrate, and it was great.

I'm still thinking and praying about what to do church wise now i'm back in the pool, and i love this place, the people are my family (even the ones who aren't related to the taylor/lake mafia!) but i really struggle with it too. Stuck in a rut would be another way of describing this place, but it's got such potential. Their ideas of evangelism may be stuck back in the 80's but maybe, just maybe, stayings what i should do. It's a huge debate, which won't fit here, but nowhere else do i get hugged, climbed by many small children, slapped playfully (but painfully) by my mates, and loved by our chummy old people. Hopefully, i'll be at the 100 year anniversary too!


Maybe i just like rhubarb....

No comments: